Alliance of Campus Evangelists & Apologists
ACEA Statement of Faith
Holding to the Lausanne Covenant, ACEA also aligns with and pledges itself to the Covenant for Evangelists from the Amsterdam 2000 Conference.
THE COVENANT FOR EVANGELISTS:
As a company of evangelists called and gifted by God to share the good news of Jesus Christ throughout the world, we earnestly pledge ourselves to:
1. Worship the one true and living God: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit (Deut 6:4).
2. Submit to the Holy Scriptures, the infallible Word of God, as the basis for our life and message
(II Tim 3:16-17).
3. Proclaim the gospel of Jesus Christ, God's Son, our Redeemer, and the one and only Savior of the world (Acts 4:12).
4. Seek always to preach and minister in the power of the Holy Spirit (Acts 4:29-31).
5. Live a life of constant personal prayer, Bible study and devotion to God, and also participate in a local fellowship of believers (James 4:10; Heb. 10:25).
6. Pray that all persons of all languages and cultures may have access to the Gospel and the Bible (Acts 1:8).
7. Practice purity in both singleness and marriage, caring for our families and bringing up our children in the nurture of the Lord (Eph. 5:25, 6:1-4).
8. Walk humbly before God and our fellow human beings, renouncing arrogance, pride, and boastful self-promotion (Micah 6:8; Eph. 4:1-2).
9. Maintain financial integrity and accountability in all of our activities, so that the cause of Christ may not be discredited (I Tim 6:10-11).
10. Serve the needy and oppressed, remembering the mercy and compassion of Jesus (James 2:14-17).
11. Encourage the discipling and nurturing ministry of local churches (Mt. 28:19-20).
12. Work together in unity with our brothers and sisters in Christ (John 17:23).
13. Equip others for the practice of evangelism, giving special care to involve new believers in the sharing of their faith (Eph. 4:11-13).
14. Stand in solidarity with our brothers and sisters in Christ who suffer persecution and even martyrdom for their faithful Gospel witness (II Cor. 1:8-11).
Knowing that apart from Jesus Christ we can do nothing, we make these pledges with prayerful reliance on His help. We ask for the prayer and support of all Christ's followers so that world evangelization may be advanced, the church built up and God glorified in ever-increasing measure.